Caterpillar, a global company that offers a wide diversity in industry products, achieved LEED certification for New Construction v2009 silver level in its newly opened CAT Jaguar Bevel Gear industrial warehouse located in Ciénega de Flores, Nuevo León.
The priority in sustainability was reflected since before construction: a strategic location was searched where the operations that were carried out would not affect local flora or fauna, same area found in an industrial park in the municipality of Ciénega de Flores.
Later, during construction, exemplary adaptations were made for optimizing resources, being the reuse of water, wellbeing for the occupants and reduction of energy central axes throughout the process.
New Construction v2009. March 2016
- Water: 32.5% saving on potable water
- Energy: 16.8% reduction of energy
- Materials: More than 21% of materials have recycled content
- LEED Consulting
- Fundamental commissioning
- Energy Modelling
- LEED Certification management before GBCI