GICSA, a company dedicated to the development of large-scale projects in Mexico, received the LEED Certification for its building “C” in May 2018, this being the second of the five buildings registered with the U.S. Green Building Council in search of this recognition in the Tlalnepantla Corporate Campus.
The recognition of the “C” building was achieved under the “LEED Campus Program” modality, which allows the possibility of obtaining credits with actions developed for the benefit of nearby constructions.
The team of collaborators considered a friendly approach to the environment from the planning of the project, with the intention of creating a series of buildings with a low impact, offering interior spaces superior to conventional ones. Thanks to this approach, Building C obtained 58 points on the LEED scale, reaching the Silver level of the evaluation.
Por: Enrique Betancourt
Comunicación & Imagen
Bioconstrucción y Energía Alternativa, SA de CV
Core & Shell v2009 May 2018
- Water: 39% saving of potable water due to efficient bathroom fixtures
- Location: 11 basic services located at walkable distance
- Transportation: 4 public transport lines at users reach
- Lightning: 97% of the spaces have daylight
- LEED Consulting
- Fundamental Commissioning
- Energy Modelling
- Management of the certification process before GBCI